The Hub Community Centre
We have refurbished and extended our Hub with facilities such as toilets, etc. so as to make it into a very useful resource for the community and Church. The ‘green’ space in front of the Hub is fantastic, especially for children and families!Monthly Lunch Group
Once a month, after the Thursday morning Eucharist, the pensioners all go out on the town for lunch.
Outings and Social Events
Over the past couple of years there have been outings to: The Bluebell Woods (with picnic lunch), annual pilgrimage to Chichester Cathedral for a sung Evensong, Chichester Cathedral Flower Festival, Wintershall open air theatre, etc.
St. Michael’s is a Fair Trade church. We are pledged to support the Fairtrade Diocese initiative by aiming to do the following:
• Serve only Fairtrade tea and coffee whenever providing refreshments,
• Endeavour to use other fairly-traded items wherever possible
• Promote the use of fairly-traded items amongst our congregation
• Support the principles of trade justice
• Try to use locally-produce goods whenever possible.
• We also try to be constantly aware of our “carbon footprint” and do all we can to cherish and care for this beautiful world God has given us to live in.